Building a Game
Below is a short guide to building any game, using American Football as our learning model.
What is the type of game experience you wish for the player(s) to have? For example, in American Football, you may describe the overall game experience as...
"American Football is a 2-team game where both teams score points by getting the ball from one side of the field to another. The team with the most points at the end of the time limit is the winner. "
- Size of the field
- Size of teams (number of players)
- Scoring Zones
- Scoring system (Touchdowns = 6pts, kicks = 3pts, safeties = 2 pts, etc...)
- Time limit
- Player formations and Plays
- Penalties and Disqualifications
- Timeouts, Periods & Half-times